Reducing carbon dioxide emissions in your everyday life is very simple!
Here are some examples of what you could do:
- Use public transportation, bike or walk more often, and encourage others to do so, too.
- Turn off lights and appliances when you’re not using them.
- Plug air leaks in windows and doors, and put rugs on your floors so you can keep warm at home, while turning down your thermostat to save energy.
- Buy used clothing and other items, and donate the things you don’t use anymore.
- Buy products that have been made or grown locally rather than shipped or flown from far away. Learn how to grow your own food, and help others learn.
- Eat less meat, poultry and fish, which take more energy to raise than plant-based foods.
- Make a solar cooker (see dedicated article : “Make a solar cooker!”).
- Plant trees or organize a tree-planting event.
- Persuade family and community members to do these things, too.
Next article:Make a solar cooker!